The Ladyhill Victoria Composite PU College traces its origin to 1870, when the Pioneer Apostolic Carmel sisters landed in Mangalore from Bayonne, France, and started their mission of education at St. Ann’s Convent, Mangalore. In 1885, Mother Marie Des Anges, the first Superior General  with her far sighted  vision complied with the request made by the Hindus of Mangalore to open a school for their girls. Thus began the first St. Ann’s Kanarese School, which today is transformed into Ladyhill Victoria Girls’ High School.

The desire to upgrade the school into a college lay dormant for many years; it became a reality in 1999. On 1st July, 1999, PU classes with Arts and Commerce streams commenced under the leadership of Sister Rose Agnes.  In June 2002, the Science Section was started. In the Arts stream, the PU College secured 100% passes in the year 2003 in the PU Board Examination; and in the Commerce stream there was 100% for three consecutive years. In May 2009, Afsana Kathun secured the First Rank in the District securing 90.33% in Arts stream bringing laurels to the college.

With the dedicated and loyal faculty the college is striving to give its best to the students. The family bond that exists among the staff of both High School and the P.U. College is an additional boon that makes a difference. The college seems to have a bright future as its logo states, “Through Effort to Glory” which is the unfailing formula of success in any venture. The students who have moved out of the portals of this institution have made a mark in the society!

Home | About | NewsSitemap| Contact

Copyright ©2017 www.ladyhillvictoria.org. Powered by eCreators

Contact Us

Ladyhill Victoria Composite PU College
Urwa
Mangalore - 575 006

Phone: 0824-2456503
E-Mail: [email protected]